The emphasis in James’s cooking style is on creating unique flavour combinations using fresh, seasonal and, wherever possible, local produce. So, whether you opt for a simple bar snack or decide to splash out on James’ seven course tasting menu, your taste buds are in for a treat.
His menus include an à la carte lunch menu (weekdays and Saturdays) and an à la carte Sunday lunch/supper menu which includes some traditional ‘comfort’ food dishes. At dinner there is a choice of an à la carte menu or you may wish to indulge in James's seven course tasting menu, with the option to be served with wines selected to match individual dishes. And, for those happy to dine early in the evening James offers an ‘early bird’ restricted menu at £15.00 for two courses and £20.00 for three. There are daily changing specials and classic pub favorites, such as beer battered haddock with chunky chips and cottage pie with buttered carrots regularly feature on the chalk board.
Please click on the links below to see representative examples of our menus, which change regularly to reflect the seasons and the day-to-day availability of fresh, local produce:
- Sunday lunch set price menu served 13:00 through to 16:00
- Early bird supper set price menu – weekdays and Saturday, 18:00 - 19:00
- Dinner à la carte menu - weekdays and Saturday
- Tasting menu - dinner only, weekdays and Saturday
- Vegetarian tasting menu - option for tables taking the tasting menu
- Valentine's Day dinner - served at dinner on Friday and Saturday, 17th and 18th February
- Mothers' Day set price lunch - this is our 2016 menu, typical of what our 2017 offer on Sunday 26th March will be
- St Patrick's Day - Friday 17th March 2017, there will be an Irish dish option as specials for each course at dinner
- Fathers' Day set price lunch/supper - this is our 2015 menu, typical of what our Sunday June 18th 2017 offer will be
- Wine Tasting Dinner - typical wine tasting dinner, this one our most recent, held Thursday 3rd December 2015
As all of our dishes are made on the premises we are happy to advise on their suitability regarding specific allergies and with advance notification we are happy to cater for any dietary constraints.
If you have a special requirement, be that for a set price party menu, designed to meet your taste and budget; or you want a birthday cake or anniversary cake making; or you have special dietary needs just call and speak to James and he’ll be happy to do his very best to meet your needs.
All our prices are inclusive of VAT. There is no service charge but should you wish to reward good service please be assured that all such payments are distributed to staff in full and paid to them over and above their agreed salaries