The emphasis in James’s cooking style is on creating unique flavour combinations using fresh, seasonal and, wherever possible, local produce. So, whether you opt for a simple bar snack or decide to splash out on James’ seven course tasting menu, your taste buds are in for a treat.
His menus include a set price, two or three course Sunday lunch/supper menu while at dinner there is an a la carte menu with a choice of four starters, four mains and four desserts or you may wish to indulge in James's seven course tasting menu, with the option to be served with wines selected to match individual dishes. And, for those happy to dine early in the evening James offers an ‘early bird’ selection from his full dinner menu at £18.00 for two courses and £24.00 for three. There are daily changing specials and classic pub favorites, such as beer battered haddock with chunky chips and cottage pie with buttered carrots regularly feature on the chalk board. All James's menus include vegetarian options and he is happy to cater for those suffering from most food allergies and intollerances.
Please click on the links below to see representative examples of our menus, which change regularly to reflect the seasons and the day-to-day availability of fresh, local produce:
- Sunday lunch set price menu served 13:00 through to 16:00
- Early bird supper set price menu – weekdays and Saturday, 18:00 - 18:45, a selection from the full dinner menu at £18 for 2 course, £24 for 3 courses
- Dinner a la carte menu - weekdays and Saturday
- Tasting menu - dinner only, weekdays and Saturday
- Vegetarian tasting menu - option for tables taking the tasting menu
- Bar menu - available at lunchtime from 12:30 to 14:30, Wednesday through Saturday
- Burn's night supper - Friday 25th January 2019, there will be a contemporary Scottish dish option for each course at dinner
- Valentine's Day dinner - a five course dinner with a glass of Cava, served Thursday 14th to Saturday 16th February 2019
- Mothers' Day set price lunch - Sunday 31st March 2019. Children half price with a soft drink included
- St Patrick's Day - Sunday 17th March 2019, there will be an Irish dish option for each course at lunch
- Fathers' Day set price lunch/supper - Sunday 16th June 2019. Children half price with a soft drink included
- Wine Tasting Dinner - typical wine tasting dinner, this one our most recent, held Thursday 3rd December 2015
As all of our dishes are made on the premises we are happy to advise on their suitability regarding specific allergies and with advance notification we are happy to cater for any dietary constraints.
If you have a special requirement, be that for a set price party menu, designed to meet your taste and budget; or you want a birthday cake or anniversary cake making; or you have special dietary needs just call and speak to James and he’ll be happy to do his very best to meet your needs.
All our prices are inclusive of VAT. There is no service charge but should you wish to reward good service please be assured that all such payments are distributed to staff in full and paid to them over and above their agreed salaries